Dramatic Monochromatic

Hello People of the Internet; I hope your week has been lovely and full of beautiful things. 


This was a dramatic take on the usual outfit shoot, and we had quite a different space to work with so I congratulate Anastasiia on her ability to use a small room to her advantage. It was fun to be theatrical. 


This dress was a happy purchase, and finding it at Reitmans for under $15 was a total steal. I was with my mom and it was a very nice day of shopping and hanging out, so good memories are associated with the dress. I have paired it with completely black items, which is a rare occurrence because I love having colour on my person. Nevertheless, today I was in a monochrome state of mind and I felt like my hair balanced out the lack of visual expression. 



You're probably wondering why my hair is suddenly defying gravity so strongly, and that's because I finally tried to accomplish a style that I have always admired during my years as a pixie-haired woman. I call it The Flip Up but it definitely has a more professional name. I took a long time with a straightener and made it super curly on the top, and I'm pleased with how well it photographed. I will only do this for special occasions, though, because it's quite daring in contrast with my usual style. 



//Dress: Reitmans//Top: Christmas gift from Grandma//Leggings: Thrifted//Boots: Walmart//
And since fashion and hair aren't the only things in the world, I will leave you with a song by Magic Man, who has sung to me with his eclectic drum beats over the past week. Also it has pretty album artwork. 
Hope you enjoy it! 


Love, Natasha

Comments

Popular Posts